-->

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Welcome to the Drinking Goat


The Drinking Goat is for everyone. The Drinking Goat is that friendly neighborhood old man whose presence is very comforting but nobody wants to talk to because the conversations with him tend to go on for way too long, and consist of mostly racy and illicit topics. The Drinking Goat is a fake-Frenchman, a real Frenchman, a rugged German, and sometimes a beautiful Swiss lady, embarking on the ancient journey of making their own alcoholic beverages. Tune in often for recipes, pictures, updates, and friendships.

above: the fake-Frenchman and the rugged German pitch the yeast into the must of our ultra dry red wine

2 comments:

  1. Goat Drinking Brewing Company: By association of the Bible verse in your blog Math25:33 - and further more to the goat... Did you finish reading Mathew 25 to see how God handled the goats? Do you find your identity with this group:

    41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

    42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

    43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

    44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

    45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

    46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking Lindy. We don't find our "identity" with this group, but speaking for myself, I do resonate with the disappointment of the goats who perceived themselves to be the rigtheous sheep but found that they weren't. A sort of faith-coming of age realization; that as a child and as a young adult (and now) I had many misconceptions about what it meant to be righteous, like the goats. I still have the misconceptions and I'm actively seeking to submit them to Christ. But, that's easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete